Software Engineer - Senior
[m]pirik is improving cardiology and orthopedics by collecting and analyzing data related to patient care. We are a small healthcare technology company with a suite of products ranging from communication tools to a data collection and analysis platform.
Are you interested in building elegant and scalable systems to help our customers unleash the power of their data? As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help scale our data processing pipelines, create and tune algorithmic data curation tools, and visualize data in meaningful ways for healthcare professionals. We build systems that clean, structure and understand clinical-level patient data and make use of the data to improve healthcare efficiency and diagnosis.
he main tools that we use to build software are node.js/Typescript, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Expertise with these tools is a huge plus, but having familiarity with other common web languages (such as C# or Java) and other databases are fine substitutes.
- Brainstorm with product owners and healthcare professionals on new
- Continuously ship new features for our cloud applications, from the backend to the frontend
- Working with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- Writing clean, well-structured, and testable code, with an eye towards maintainability
- Passionate about performance, reliability, and scalability of systems
- Technically mentor and guide a small team
Desired Skills & Experience
- A thirst to learn new things and a curiosity of how things work
- To be self-driven and goal-oriented
- Proven experience delivering and maintaining a complex product
- Experience unit testing new and new-to-you code
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
Bonus if you have:
- History working with large data sets for reporting and/or analysis
- Cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) knowledge, ideally AWS
- Healthcare or healthcare software experience
- Experience in small startup environments