Software and DevOps Engineer
Mpirik is addressing the undertreatment of heart diseases by collecting and analyzing data and using novel algorithms to automate patient identification for care. We utilize real-time data streams with hospital system electronic medical records to automate disease screening of cardiovascular diseases and research to drive improved outcomes for patients. We are a small surgeon founded and led healthcare technology company located in Milwaukee, WI.
We’re looking for a software engineer to join and grow with our team and help build software and tools that healthcare professionals will love to use. You'll work with senior engineers and product managers to clean, structure, and display patient data to improve healthcare efficiency and diagnosis. In addition to software development, this role will work with our DevOps team to maintain and administer our infrastructure through code.
- Identify and implement solutions to automate and improve our data pipelines
- Collaborate with other engineers to build new features
- Working with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- Writing understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Work closely with teams across the company (engineering, data science, security and compliance, etc.) to maintain and extend our cloud infrastructure
- Automating repeatable processes using out of the box Terraform, AWS services, and 3rd party SaaS services
- Collaborate with our security and compliance team to perform periodic risk assessments, mitigations and remediations
Desired Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A thirst to learn new things and a curiosity of how things work
- To be self-driven and goal-oriented
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Foundational knowledge of IT Enterprise services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, etc.)
Bonus if you have:
- Cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) knowledge, ideally AWS
- AWS certifications including DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect, or other relevant certifications
- Healthcare or healthcare software experience
- Experience in small startup environments
- Ownership opportunities
- Unlimited paid vacation days and flexible work hours
- Free parking
- Free food! Fully stocked kitchen with free snacks and drinks
- Weekly sponsored lunch on us
- Health and wellness benefits like ergonomic standing desks and quarterly visits by a massage therapist
- Regular social events in and out of the office
- 100% coverage of expenses related to certification, testing, preparation, and exam fees
Mpirik has seven core values that will inform your experience at Mpirik:
Making Healthcare Better
We see a lot of room for improvement in healthcare and its part of our core to lead the charge for improvement.
Doing More With Less
We strive to set and exceed our own high standards with reasonable resources.
We’re always thinking of ways to change processes, perspectives, and opinions for the better. We learn from everything we do.
Pursuing Growth & Learning
We’re always learning new things and sharing it with each other. You can find insight in the strangest of places.
We celebrate our individual and team victories in a non-boastful way.
Being Adventurous, Creative & Open-Minded
We are open to new ideas and the possibility of failure in all that we do.
Creating Fun in Everything We Do
We want to have fun doing what we love and hope it shows in our products and services.