Mpirik is addressing the undertreatment of heart diseases by collecting and analyzing data and using novel algorithms to automate patient identification for care. We utilize real-time data streams with hospital system electronic medical records to automate disease screening of cardiovascular diseases and research to drive improved outcomes for patients. We are a small surgeon founded and led healthcare technology company located in Milwaukee, WI.
You'll use Terraform to manage, provision, and automate our infrastructure through code. You'll work closely with our engineering, data science, product, and security & compliance teams to support and manage our cloud infrastructure. Our tech stack includes Terraform, Typescript, Python, R, Postgres, Docker, and AWS services.
- Work closely with teams across the company (engineering, data science, security and compliance, etc.) to maintain and extend our cloud infrastructure
- Automating repeatable processes using out of the box Terraform, AWS services, and 3rd party SaaS services
- Enforcing standards and best practices for our infrastructure code
- Manage new and existing infrastructure security, operating system administration, software installation, and maintenance and upgrades
- Implement and maintain an enterprise-grade security posture for all production and non-production systems
- Collaborate with our security and compliance team to perform periodic risk assessments, mitigations and remediations
Desired Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical role, or the equivalent professional work experience
- Hands-on AWS experience (i.e. VPC, IAM, Fargate/ECS, EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, CodePipeline, SageMaker, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure as code techniques using Terraform
- Experience with container hosting platforms (ECS, Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, etc.)
- Foundational knowledge of IT Enterprise services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Familiar with using Git and GitHub for source control management
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment building applications/products from scratch
- An almost obsessive nature with monitoring and metric tracking
- A track record of taking initiative, having the ability to work independently, and be comfortable thriving in ambiguity
Bonus if you have:
- AWS certifications including DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect, or other relevant certifications
- Experience with security and compliance for Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud services
- Any other cloud provider knowledge (i.e. Azure, Google)
- Previous experience with a HIPAA compliance program
- Familiarity with other compliance frameworks and regulations like GDPR, SOC2, PCI, ISO 27001, or HITRUST
- Experience with zero-downtime deployment process and continuous delivery practices
- Experience with Golang
- Experience in an early-mid stage startup environment, where product/market fit is continuing to be evaluated, re-evaluated and recalibrated
- Ownership opportunities
- Unlimited paid vacation days and flexible work hours
- Free parking
- Free food! Fully stocked kitchen with free snacks and drinks
- Weekly sponsored lunch on us
- Health and wellness benefits like ergonomic standing desks and quarterly visits by a massage therapist
- Regular social events in and out of the office
- 100% coverage of expenses related to certification, testing, preparation, and exam fees
Mpirik has seven core values that will inform your experience at Mpirik:
Making Healthcare Better
We see a lot of room for improvement in healthcare and its part of our core to lead the charge for improvement.
Doing More With Less
We strive to set and exceed our own high standards with reasonable resources.
We’re always thinking of ways to change processes, perspectives, and opinions for the better. We learn from everything we do.
Pursuing Growth & Learning
We’re always learning new things and sharing it with each other. You can find insight in the strangest of places.
We celebrate our individual and team victories in a non-boastful way.
Being Adventurous, Creative & Open-Minded
We are open to new ideas and the possibility of failure in all that we do.
Creating Fun in Everything We Do
We want to have fun doing what we love and hope it shows in our products and services.