Mpirik is addressing the undertreatment of heart diseases by collecting and analyzing data and using novel algorithms to automate patient identification for care. Our solutions identify patients that would otherwise "slip through the cracks." We are a small healthcare technology company located in Milwaukee, WI.
We are looking for a Data Scientist with deep methodological expertise in quantitative sciences who are excited to make an immediate impact in a critical space. You'll work with members from our research and engineering teams as well as cardiologists and statisticians to build software that will help our customers discover novel insights into their data.
This is a position that requires outstanding problem solving and critical thinking skills in a research environment. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with open-ended research questions, drafting up avenues for success, and implementing those solutions. The ideal candidate is also able to quickly familiarize with software and other related packages, and quickly learn new languages and tools in order to effectively solve research related problems.
- Test and implement predictive models using statistical and machine learning methods that will predict patient outcomes
- Identify software packages that will facilitate our work, test and implement them, and fix bugs and dependency requirements as needed
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide reports
- Acquiring data from multiple data sources, applying adequate filters, and cleaning data
- Identify trends in data, interpret confounding variables, and recommend better solutions if they are indicated
- Work with senior colleagues to prioritize business, research, reporting, and information needs
- Carry out background research and collaborate with subject matter experts to explore new technologies the platform can leverage to provide greater value to accounts.
- Publish scientific work in peer-reviewed journals
Desired Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience with rapid prototyping and advanced analytics tools (R, MatLab, Pandas, SciPy, Python)
- Experience with SQL and Relational Databases, like PostgreSQL
- A natural ability for independent learning
- Experience with applied machine learning or algorithm development
- A passion for data and a strong understanding of statistics
Bonus if you have:
- History working with large data sets for reporting and/or analysis
- Healthcare or healthcare software experience
- Experience working with longitudinal EMR data
- Experience in small startup environments
- Ownership opportunities
- Unlimited paid vacation days and flexible work hours
- Free parking
- Free food! Fully stocked kitchen with free snacks and drinks
- Weekly sponsored lunch on us
- Health and wellness benefits like ergonomic standing desks and quarterly visits by a massage therapist
- Regular social events in and out of the office
- 100% coverage of expenses related to certification, testing, preparation, and exam fees