Data Scientist - Senior
Mpirik is addressing the undertreatment of heart diseases by collecting and analyzing data and using novel algorithms to automate patient identification for care. Our solutions identify patients that would otherwise "slip through the cracks." We are a small healthcare technology company located in Milwaukee, WI.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist with deep methodological expertise in quantitative sciences who are excited to make an immediate impact in a critical space. You'll work with members from our research and engineering teams as well as cardiologists and statisticians to build software that will help our customers discover novel insights into their data.
This position requires outstanding problem-solving, analytical, communication and leadership skills; and the tenacity to execute against deliverables in a timely, high-quality fashion. You will be the analytical lead and collaborate with a cross-functional team of account stakeholders, cardiologists, product managers, and software engineers to help develop, commercialize, and deliver our data and analytics products.
- Analyze, understand, and leverage the disparate sources of industry data to generate clinical analyses
- Apply data-mining and machine learning techniques to large structured and unstructured datasets
- Design, prototype, test, and implement predictive models using statistical and machine learning methods that will predict patient outcomes
- Plan and design data extraction, data layouts, data analysis and interpretation, and presentation of information
- Carry out background research and collaborate with subject matter experts to explore new technologies the platform can leverage to provide greater value to accounts.
- Scaling from ad-hoc advanced analytics prototypes to large-scale learning solutions in live systems
- Publish scientific work in peer-reviewed journals
Desired Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated skills in data cleaning, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
- Experience in physics-based modeling and simulation
- Experience with rapid prototyping and advanced analytics tools (R, MatLab, Pandas, SciPy, Python)
- Experience with SQL and Relational Databases, like PostgreSQL
- A natural ability for mentoring and teaching those of various backgrounds and levels of experience
- Experience with applied machine learning or algorithm development
- A passion for data and a strong understanding of statistics
Bonus if you have:
- History working with large data sets for reporting and/or analysis
- Healthcare or healthcare software experience
- Experience working with longitudinal EMR data
- Experience in small startup environments
- Ownership opportunities
- Unlimited paid vacation days and flexible work hours
- Free parking
- Free food! Fully stocked kitchen with free snacks and drinks
- Weekly sponsored lunch on us
- Health and wellness benefits like ergonomic standing desks and quarterly visits by a massage therapist
- Regular social events in and out of the office
- 100% coverage of expenses related to certification, testing, preparation, and exam fees
Mpirik has seven core values that will inform your experience at Mpirik:
Making Healthcare Better
We see a lot of room for improvement in healthcare and its part of our core to lead the charge for improvement.
Doing More With Less
We strive to set and exceed our own high standards with reasonable resources.
We’re always thinking of ways to change processes, perspectives, and opinions for the better. We learn from everything we do.
Pursuing Growth & Learning
We’re always learning new things and sharing it with each other. You can find insight in the strangest of places.
We celebrate our individual and team victories in a non-boastful way.
Being Adventurous, Creative & Open-Minded
We are open to new ideas and the possibility of failure in all that we do.
Creating Fun in Everything We Do
We want to have fun doing what we love and hope it shows in our products and services.