Data Engineer - Senior
Mpirik is addressing the undertreatment of heart diseases by collecting and analyzing data and using novel algorithms to automate patient identification for care. We utilize real-time data streams with hospital system electronic medical records to automate disease screening of cardiovascular diseases and research to drive improved outcomes for patients. We are a small surgeon founded and led healthcare technology company located in Milwaukee, WI.
We’re looking for a senior data engineer to to help build out our data pipelines and data infrastructure, helping us develop data processing that is scalable, reliable, and automated. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You are comfortable going from the whiteboard design of a system all the way to the nuances of code implementation. We build systems that clean, structure, and understand clinical-level patient data and make use of the data to improve healthcare efficiency and diagnosis.
- Design develop, and implement data infrastructure and pipelines that collect, connect, centralize, and curate data from various internal and external data sources
- Create automation systems and tools to configure, monitor, and orchestrate our data infrastructure and our data pipelines.
- Evaluate new technologies for continuous improvements in Data Engineering.
- Collaborate closely with the product team to build out new data features.
- Work with the data scientists to implement descriptive, forecasting and predictive algorithms and models using latest technologies
Desired Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience with building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and datasets
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Experience with SQL and Relational Databases, like PostgreSQL
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who is educated in computer science, statistics, informatics, information systems or another quantitative field
- A serious passion for data
Bonus if you have:
- History working with large data sets for reporting and/or analysis
- Cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) knowledge, ideally AWS
- Basic knowledge (college level or hands on) of machine learning and statistics
- Healthcare or healthcare software experience
- Experience in small startup environments
- Ownership opportunities
- Unlimited paid vacation days and flexible work hours
- Free parking
- Free food! Fully stocked kitchen with free snacks and drinks
- Weekly sponsored lunch on us
- Health and wellness benefits like ergonomic standing desks and quarterly visits by a massage therapist
- Regular social events in and out of the office
- 100% coverage of expenses related to certification, testing, preparation, and exam fees
Mpirik has seven core values that will inform your experience at Mpirik:
Making Healthcare Better
We see a lot of room for improvement in healthcare and its part of our core to lead the charge for improvement.
Doing More With Less
We strive to set and exceed our own high standards with reasonable resources.
We’re always thinking of ways to change processes, perspectives, and opinions for the better. We learn from everything we do.
Pursuing Growth & Learning
We’re always learning new things and sharing it with each other. You can find insight in the strangest of places.
We celebrate our individual and team victories in a non-boastful way.
Being Adventurous, Creative & Open-Minded
We are open to new ideas and the possibility of failure in all that we do.
Creating Fun in Everything We Do
We want to have fun doing what we love and hope it shows in our products and services.